Top Ten Slogans the Wisconsin Tourism Office Should Have Chosen
Wisconsin has a new tourism slogan, "Life's So Good". I prefer the old slogan, "Stay A Little Longer" as it has a direct, actionable message to tourists. However, if I could pick any slogan, I'd recommend that the state go a little retro and reintroduce "Escape to Wisconsin". As many natives will remember, this slogan gave clever Wisconsinites the opportunity to make numerous funny bumper sticker parodies including "Escape Wisconsin" or "Escape to Sin".
But, even if the state won't go back in time, they could have done better. With that in mind, we're proud to present our Top Ten Slogans the Wisconsin Tourism Office Should have Chosen:
10. Wisconsin: because 'sober enough' here is 'too drunk' everywhere else
9. Wisconsin: we won't make you eat lutefisk
8. Wisconsin: our size 4 is your size 12
6. Wisconsin: less snooty than Michigan, more drunk than Minnesota
5. Wisconsin: come for the cheese and brats, stay for the world class UW heart clinic
4. Wisconsin: even our band geeks are cool
3. Wisconsin: where you never have to wonder "hey, is it legal to shoot that?"
2. Wisconsin: proudly maintaining our 3-1 bar/church ratio since 1848
And, the number one slogan the state tourism office should have chosen is:
1. Wisconsin: where your vote always counts (twice if you're a Democrat!)
Posted by at February 4, 2005 01:54 PM
The trackback entry for this page is : http://www.inthehat.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/672
|Beautiful Atrocities linked with http://beautifulatrocities.com/archives/2005/02/come_to_fabulou.html|
|Stand Up and Walk linked with Links of the Day|
|respublica linked with All Roads Lead to Illinois|
|Stand Up and Walk linked with Links: Various|
|# March 7th, 2005 6:48 PM Converted_Comment|
There was a rumor that "Smell our Dairy Air" was a runner up to the Escape to Wisconsin slogan.
No idea if it was true or not