Top Ten Reasons I Kinda Wish Kerry Would Have Won The Election
I knew George W. Bush was a spend & spend Republican. I accepted that and overlooked it because, to me, the War on Terror was the most important issue of the 2004 campaign. I still believe in what the President is doing overseas, but what's he's doing here is ticking me off more and more every day.
The bold initiatives, like comprehensive Social Security reform, have fallen by the wayside. Instead of nominating a conservative giant to the Supreme Court, the President nominated a nobody. And, Bush has apparently never met a huge spending bill he didn't like. All in all, this whole second term is making me think that things might have been better if John Kerry had been elected instead.
In that spirit, I'd like to present the:
10. Our Teresa graphic is way more fun than our Laura graphic.
9. Bushes would outnumber Clintons 2-1 on the disaster aid brigade.
8. I'd rather listen to Republican Senators justify votes against Sonia Sotomayor than listen to them justify votes for Harriet Miers.
6. I would have had a good excuse to brush up on my French. Mon dieu!
5. Saturday Night Live's Seth Meyers would have received a huge career boost due to his Kerry impressions.
4. Without Bush to kick around, dirty smelly hippies would just stay home and get high.
3. Instead of being envied for having the most free, productive and inventive country on earth, we'd be envied for our leaders' full, luscious heads of hair.
2. Cindy who?
1. No one could blame me-I voted for Bush!
Posted by at October 18, 2005 07:23 AM
The trackback entry for this page is : http://www.inthehat.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/1135
|# October 18th, 2005 10:25 AM james|
|when i suggested this as an idea i actually meant it as a way to rip on bush, not on kerry.
|# October 18th, 2005 10:42 AM kris|
|I know, but it just turned out this way, even though I didn't really mean it to. |
|# October 20th, 2005 6:32 AM ThatAlsoWouldBeMe|
|Hmmm... been noticing recently that very few political posts have made it to your front page recently... I wonder why?
Top Ten reasons Republicans are hiding from the newspapers:
10. Was it Rove or Cheney? Plamegate reaches the White House
9. Frist under investigation for ethics violations
8. DeLay getting mug-shotted and fingerprinted
7. Iraq vote not passing the smell test
6. Cherenkoff's "The sun'll come out tomorrow" view notwithstanding, Iraqis *still* don't have electricity
(Above link reports "4000-5000 megawatts" available. In 9/2004, 5300 megawatts were available [http://www.defenselink.mil/news/Sep2004/n09072004_2004090706.html]. They're going backwards!)
5. Let's save some money on those dikes -- uh, whoops -- but "Brownie's doing a heck of a job"
4. Miers swears she never talked to anybody about Roe -- well, except two judges, the head of the Senate Judiciary Committee, and a bunch of other people
3. Favorite NYT reporter a "charter member" of intelligence-fixing White House Iraq Group
2. You've finally figured out that the people in charge aren't conservatives! Congratulations...
1. BUSH KNEW ABOUT PLAME EXPOSURE TWO YEARS AGO!
Aw, shucks... but it's *nice* to have a President who'd be fun to have a beer with!
|# October 20th, 2005 10:02 AM james|
|pretty wild allegations, ThatAlsoWouldBeMe.
you kill me
|# October 20th, 2005 1:50 PM ThatAlsoWouldBeMe|
|If you think they're "wild allegations", you really haven't been reading the papers... ;)
See you in court!