Amazing Race Recap-Lake & Michelle Philiminated
Tonight, the Amazing Race traveled from Sicily to the ancient ruins of Greece. The change in latitude failed to produce a change in attitude for the obnoxious Lake. He was still a world class jerk, but now he's a world class jerk that won't be on our TV screens every week. Woo!
While Eric & Jeremy took a fast forward and cruised to another first place finish, the previously unflappable Hippies took a few wrong turns and were almost eliminated. Luckily for them, Lake and Michelle got even more lost. Thank Zeus for small favors.
Highlights of the leg:
- Hippes oohing and ahhing over the beauty of Greece. Immediately, the Funny Editors cut to Lake saying how Greece isn't nearly as pretty as Rome
- MoJo thinks Ray & Jolanda are Team All-Business and Ray & Jolanda think MoJo are airheads. I think they're both right
- Fran & Barry ran a pretty good leg, expect for the part where Barry backed their car into a tree, denting the hell out of it and shattering their back window. How are they still in the race?
- The Hippies had a good time tonight, even though they thought they were going to finish last. They yucked their way through the Greek Games detour and even gave Phil some friendly busses on the cheek when they checked in. I'm starting to like these guys
- We finally got the big bunch in Rome. All the teams were equalized. The scary part is that even after the equalization Eric & Jeremy still came out on top. Ugh.
- I loved tonight's Fast Forward. Teams had to break a whole boatload of plates in order to find a piece of paper baked into a certain plate. The first to find the paper got the Fast Forward. The whole thing reminded me of the Greek dances we used to do in college (one of our friends' family was from Greece, so he'd teach us dances when we were all drunk.)
- This may be a lowlight, but the Race got some more product placement in with a whole Da Vinci Code puzzle that Eric & Jeremy ended solving. They won a trip down the red carpet at the movie's premiere. Heh, somehow I don't think they're going to be strolling next to Tom Hanks or anything. Sorry guys.
So that's it for tonight. I think we're overdue for a non-elimination leg, aren't we? Want more? Don't miss Viking Pundit's recap.
Posted by at April 12, 2006 08:04 PM
The trackback entry for this page is : http://www.inthehat.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/1292