Amazing Race Recap-Hippies Saved
With just five teams left, I figured a non-elimination leg was inevitable tonight. I was right on the mark, as the adorable Hippies finished last in Oman, but lived to be wacky another day. Shockingly, Fran & Barry finished first. I have them in my office pool, and I'm stunned they're still in the Race. Wow.
- Oman is gorgeous. Kudos to the producers for making sure the teams arrived at night, when the beautiful white mosques and other buildings were lit up against the black sky.
- The detour had a wacky animal option as some teams had to load up and transport a camel.
- Name another show where contestants end up lost in the desert of Oman with a camel in the back of their pickup. That's why the Amazing Race is so great.
- Eric & Jeremy got lost several times. It was nice to not see the "1st Place" graphic constantly under their name.
- There was another great needle-in-a-haystack Roadblock as teams had to dig in over a 100 sand dunes to find their dinner (and a clue). Somehow I think that Season 6's Lena has a little bit to do with tasks like this. I don't think she's over the Swedish haystack incident yet.
- Did I mention that Eric & Jeremy didn't finish first?
Next week: Western Australia! Read more about tonight's excellent leg over at the Viking Pundit.
Posted by at April 19, 2006 08:09 PM
The trackback entry for this page is : http://www.inthehat.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/1296