Amazing Race Recap - Episode 13 - Bye Bye Blondes
The Amazing Race has a long and glorious history of eliminating some of my favorite teams right before the finale: Kevin & Drew, Cha Cha Cha, Derek & Drew and the Clowns, among others. Tonight, it was the Beauty Queens turn to be Philiminated. I don't really love Dustin & Kandice, but the fact that the other teams hated them so much made me root for them. Unfortunately, that wasn't enough. Highlights & lowlights from the episode:
- I've also been fascinated by Spanish tomato throwing festivals, so it was great to get a taste of that tonight. I thought it was hilarious that the teams who did that Detour were so willing to stop looking for the clue in order to retaliate against the tomato-tossing youths
- I think someone on the Race's production team fell in love with the Atlas Mountains, because we sure saw that twisty-turny mountain road enough.
- I generally don't care for eating Roadblocks, but tonight's task in Casablanca was better because it wasn't so much about eating as it was about preparing food. It's the little differences that count
- Karlyn is perhaps the most unpleasant person I've ever seen on the Amazing Race. That includes Jonathan of Jonathan & Victoria and Ma Weaver. What a sour, sour girl.
- Kimberly's meltdown at the Detour was fun to watch, but it was no "my ox is BROKEN!". Good times. Good times.
Next week it's the finale. I'm rooting for anybody but Alabama. For a more detailed recap, be sure to click over to the Viking Pundit.
Posted by at December 3, 2006 08:03 PM
The trackback entry for this page is : http://www.inthehat.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/1417
|# December 3rd, 2006 9:01 PM james|
|that cooking detour was terrible - you just grind up some meat and cook it - whoopity do. gordon ramsay should have been there judging their creations.
|# December 4th, 2006 7:28 PM kris|
|the list of rumored All Star (or "The Racers Come Back"--whatever CBS wants to call it) is pretty good:
No Colin & Christie because Christie is apparently pregnant.
-Joe/Bill - gotta have the Guidos
-Kevin/Drew - no brainer pick
-Nancy/Emily - meh--they lost because they quit on the Race, why do they get a second chance?
-Oswald/Danny - Cha Cha Cha!!
-Teri/Ian - a great choice for the token older couple
-John Vito/Jill - I'm thrilled to see them, but I thought they broke up?
-Tian/Jaree - I actually kind of thought they were cool, fiesty chicks, but why them and not Lena & Kristy?
-Charla/Mirna - oh yay, the obnoxious little person and her loathsome cousin. -Kris/Jon - token sweetie pies
-Uchenna/Joyce - lucky winners that I could do without seeing. I'd rather see Brian & Greg (the fun brothers) from their season
-Rob/Amber - f*ck yeah!
-Dave/Lori - no need to see the nerds again, they weren't great racers
-David/Mary - ditto on Team Kentucky
-Dustin/Kandice - good team, but again, too soon to see them again
|# December 7th, 2006 7:32 AM Wendy|
|I read somewhere that either Lena or Kristy works for the show now. So that would explain why they couldn't come back. |