10 Best Things about the Holidays
The Holidays are here! Yay! In the spirit of the season, here are my top ten best things about this time of the year. What are yours?
10. The Airing of Grievances around the Festivus pole.
9. The end of holiday TV ads and emails. Enough!
8. The opportunity to brush up on my Sheepshead skills.
7. Champagne! As a people, we should strive to drink champagne more often. And, for an added treat, add a few drops of orange bitters to your glass. Delicious.
6. There are football games on nearly every day of the week! This year, for example, the Badgers play on a Tuesday night. Isn't that great? What else are you going to do on a Tuesday night (well, other than play a little Blingo)?
5. Year-end top ten lists. If you haven't noticed, I love top ten lists!
4. Seeing (and being a part of) lots of "feel good" stories and the sense of charity and goodwill that spreads through even the biggest Grinch.
3. It's socially acceptable to give people things "just because". Just because is the best reason of all :)
2. Vacation days! Americans get so few holidays. It's sickening that from New Year's Day to Memorial Day we get nothing. If I ever do run for Congress my idea to establish a two-day "March Madness" holiday is a sure winner.
1. Spending time with family & friends (see you all soon!).
Oddly enough, note that "getting gifts" isn't on the list. That's a good thing to remember when you're in "buy buy buy" mode.
Posted by at December 23, 2009 09:10 AM
The trackback entry for this page is : http://www.inthehat.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/1768
|# December 25th, 2009 12:53 PM themandownthehall|
|Merry Christmas Kris and the rest of y'all at dummocrats.com. Be blessed.