You know you're from Wisconsin if...
We've all gotten the chain email. "You know you're from (insert state name) if" and a whole list of items. After seeing more than a few of these, I realized that they're virtually identical. All states have ever-changing weather, unpronouncable cities and Halloween costumes that had to be designed over snowsuits. So, after a drive through my beloved Wisconsin, I decided to come up with a real list that'll help define if you're from Wisconsin.
You know you're from Wisconsin if:
- You've donated a car to the Rawhide Boys Ranch
- LAX isn't an airport in California, it's a city on the Mississippi
- You get money from a TYME machine
- You know that the strongest card in the deck is the Queen of Clubs
- To you, Osseo is synonymous with pie
- You know that if someone asks "Who do know wants to a buy a car?" the answer is Ernie Von Schledorn: Main Street in Menomonee Falls
- You rarely watch a sports event with the sound up on the TV. Instead you listen to Matt Lepay, Bob Uecker and
Jim & MaxWayne & Larry
- You refer to festivals as "beer tents"
- You know that a Spotted Cow has nothing to do with milk
- At any given time you have at least four different kinds of cheese in your refrigerator
- When you hear Steve Miller's "Swingtown" you immediately raise your hands above your head in the shape of an "O" (funny aside - I did this, pretty much without thinking, at a dueling piano bar in Minneapolis and the performers stopped what they were doing to make fun of me. Luckily, there was another Wisconsinite on the other side of the stage so we didn't look completely crazy together.)
- You don't need a license plate to tell which drivers are from Illinois (driver's seat way back, 10-15 mph over the flow of traffic) or Minnesota (have no concept of a passing lane)
- You naturally expect every restaurant, no matter how fancy, to have a Friday night fish fry
- You assume there will be a horrible snowstorm during the state boy's basketball tournament
- At some point in your life, you've seen the BoDeans in concert
- You have at least a vague idea of what a Hodag is
- Flannels are clothes, not trends
- You argue about whether to call fizzy beverages "pop" or "soda" (such is life on the border)
- You get offended when people say "WESconsin"
- You understand most of this list
Posted by kris at April 4, 2010 11:47 AM
The trackback entry for this page is : http://www.inthehat.com/mt/mt-tb.cgi/1812
|# April 5th, 2010 8:13 AM kris|
|21. You are unaware that Old Fashioneds are made with anything other than brandy. |